Re: [leafnode-list] Local newsgroups possible with leafnode-2.0b7 ?

krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Cornelius Krasel) writes:

> Stefan Wiens wrote:
>
> > krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Cornelius Krasel) writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > Unfortunately, the coarse timestamp resolution makes it impossible to
> > reliably determine which of two files has been written later.
>
> The following code which I put at the beginning of getxover() seems to
> work quite neatly at the moment:

You're kludging around. The entire storage/retrieval part---for articles
as well as xover---needs to be encapsulated. Ideas:

* store can attach the line to .overview
* modifying .overview is subject to fine-grained locks
* any process that caches .overview data can then simply stat() the
  overview file and if it's unmodified, just go ahead with its data, if
  it is modified, just reread it.
* rebuilding can be "outsourced" to a dedicated repair tool or be part
  of texpire as it's now.

--
Matthias Andree