Re: [leafnode-list] fetchnews fails to download bodies

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Timothy A. McDaniel wrote:

> > I don't care whether you write:
> >         return havepath && ... haveng;
> > or
> >         return (havepath && ... haveng);
>
> Well, if this random subscriber can contribute his own 3 pfennigs,
> *I* care.  I don't like the parentheses at all.  I'm not sure that any
> version of C required them; if there was one, it hasn't been required
> from 20 years.  As noted elsewhere, they are unnecessary.

I normally don't like parenthesis around a return expression. But
sometimes I make an exception for boolean expressions, so I might
write:

instead of just a = b && c;

Ditto for:

   return (b && c);

I just think it looks a bit clearer. Not that it's important.

--
***** Phil Hunt *****
"An unforseen issue has arisen with your computer. Don't worry your silly