Re: [leafnode-list] fetchnews fails to download bodies

krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Cornelius Krasel) writes:

> However, I don't know whether fileno() is a universally accepted function -
> the man page would indicate not.

fileno conforms to SUS v2 which itself claims "Derived from Issue 1 of
the SVID" - whatever that is.

> On a more general note, in which cases would it be preferable to use
> open()/close()/... and in which cases would it be preferable to use
> fopen()/fclose()/... instead?

In any case when you have no need for buggy stdio, and in any case when
you don't putc() everything, i. e. you have buffers. Using UNIX-level
I/O will save some overhead.

I'll postpone looking into a different buffer scheme (which may involve
ripping Postfix' out) until after the 2.0b9 release to get the old bugs
bashed out before introducing new ones in the switch.