[leafnode-list] wanted, default article

When subscribing to a newsgroup, I think I used to get the default article
when unsubscribing and resubscribing to a group.  After several days of
changes, I realize that I no longer get the default article.  I've
unsubscribed, removed the leafnode server, recreated the account, and
resubscribed.  Do you know what circumstances causes the article to
reappear?

leafnode-2.0b8/README 2. INSTALLATION
   12. Read news using an NNTP client (with $NNTPSERVER or
       /etc/nntpserver pointing to your own host). Select the groups you
       want to read in the future. You will find them empty except a
       default article.
--
Dennis W. Bulgrien, Engineer            Mailto:dbulgrien@xxxxxxxx
VertexRSI, Controls and Structures      http://www.vcsd.com