[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[leafnode-list] [ANNOUNCE] leafnode-2.0b8_ma2
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
This is a resynchronisation release as well.
Please test this one hard, especially local groups that I don't use and
cannot test therefore ATM.
It has Jörg's patches merged, see below.
It also comes with a reformatting program that requires GNU indent 2.2.5
as well as Perl 5. I ran the source through the reformatter *twice* (not
sure what interfered yet), like this:
Leafnode 2.0b8_ma2 is available at:
> Changes due for the next ma* releases (not necessarily in TODO):
> change ln_log to restore the old domain verbosity
> (no/server/group/article/NNTP), the current ERROR/INFO/NOTICE scheme
> is not too good.
> junk stdio and use vstreams or something own
> implement a list module and iterators, possibly filters, and drop all
> those readdir loops, they can better be done in a single function
> (cuts code size big time)
> finally fix the locking
these are still pending
ChangeLog (only lists differences between ma1 and ma2):
- merge Jörg Dietrich's storearticle() patch of 2001-01-19.
- hand merge Jörg Dietrich's fakeactive() patch of 2001-01-20.
(both patches adjusted to ln_log and using *q instead of
- fix ln_log to include context to better determine verbosity
(restores pristine 1.9.x/2.0b* behaviour in _ma series)
- new function: critcalloc
- removed texpire-jd (discontinued)
- add test -f in config.c generation to fix bogus error (was
ignored by make, though)
- remove silent flag from lockfile_exists (handled by ln_log)
- remove excess printf close to ln_log calls
- escalate some error messages to LNLOG_SERR
- don't warn, but die if gmtoff cannot allocate memory
- if server rejects XOVER, don't try again on that server
- fetchnews.c:checkactive: report errors
- artutil.c:store: fix bogus "..as" logging for EEXIST case.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Comment: Processed by Mailcrypt 3.5.5, an Emacs/PGP interface
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- mailing list for leafnode
To unsubscribe, send mail with "unsubscribe" in the subject to the list