Re: [leafnode-list] inetd.conf vs xinetd.d

On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 04:45:49PM -0600, Dennis W. Bulgrien wrote:
> What we came up with:
>
>        /etc/hosts.deny:
> leafnode: ALL EXCEPT LOCAL
>
>        and into /etc/hosts.allow:
> leafnode: 127.0.0.1
> leafnode: LOCAL, .vcsd.com
>
> We were trying to loosen it up to get local newsgroups working.  What
> context is your ALL:ALL in?

The above should actually work. I'm not sure I understand your
question. The ALL:ALL is in hosts.deny (I'm paranoid and first
forbid everything, before I selectively allow services in
hosts.allow). I can connect because of the ALL:LOCAL in
hosts.allow.

Keep asking if that doesn't help.

--Jo:rg

--