Re: [leafnode-list] groupinfo not updated

Hi,

> >     unbuffer fetchnews --vv >> log
>
> What does "unbuffer" do?

unbuffers stdout, so that log file is written immediately (a tip, I read
here):

#!/usr/bin/expect --
eval spawn -noecho $argv
set timeout -1
expect

> > BTW: what is this fork good for?
>
> It enables you to close your online connection although fetchnews is
> not yet finished with its local work (but finished with retrieving
> articles from the upstream server(s)).

I'm starting fetchnews in the background (from ip-up), so that shouldn't
be necessary, _if_ the socket is closed.

> --Cornelius.

leo