[leafnode-list] fetchnews hangs

Hi all,

I'm new on this list, I've searched both the FAQ and the mailing
list archive for my problem, but I still didn't found an answer.
Forgive me if I overlooked something.

I'm using a "standalone" Mail/News/.../-Server at home. It checks
for news 2 times a day. Sometimes the connection get interrupted
before fetchnews finishes its job. In this cases fetchnews
hangs forever, I must kill it. This is a very unsatisfying situation
on an autonomous server. Would it be possible to give fetchnews
a timeout? Or to kill it without losing the already downloaded postings?

Mathias