Re: [leafnode-list] Something's wrong with getaline?

* Joerg Dietrich <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [010114 14:05]:

> > Jan 14 12:57:12 anna fetchnews[1387]: >GROUP de.comp.os.unix.linux.misc
> > Jan 14 12:57:12 anna fetchnews[1387]: <.
>
> But this is unusual. It seems that nntpcache handles the 502 reply
> as a multiline reply.

You're probably right.

,----
`----

> For a quick fix set newnews_ok to FALSE in line 1291 of
> fetchnews.c and recompile.

Omitting donewnews seems to do the trick. Thanks.
Obviously donewnews is still unfinished code, anyway.

BTW: Now that I know what caused the problem, I've alternatively tried
to fix it by changing

    if ( nntpreply() != 230 ) {
        return 0;       /* NEWNEWS not supported or something going wrong */
    }

    if ( nntpreply() != 230 ) {
        _ignore_answer(nntpin);
        return 0;       /* NEWNEWS not supported or something going wrong */
    }

to swallow any surplus lines, if NEWNEWS is not supported by the upstream
server. This seems to work as well.

Best regards - Juergen.