Re: [leafnode-list] filterfile

Phil Hunt wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Schmitt David wrote:
> > Question: Will leafnode 2 have groupname based filtering?
>
> What does this mean?

Leafnode 1.x was not able to filter a pattern only in a certain group.
Patterns in the filter file were applied to all newsgroups alike.

Leafnode 2.x contains code which allows patterns to be applied to
subsets of newsgroups. This enhances the usefulness of filtering quite
a bit.

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx */