Re: [leafnode-list] Leafnode-Problem: [Translation into English]

> On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 09:57:49PM +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
> > On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Hannes Lau wrote:
>
> > >Dies ist das System: Linux-kernel-2.2.14 mit debian-2.2 (potato-frozen),
> > >leafnode-1.9.9-4 und slrn-0.9.6.2-7. Bis vor wenigen Tagen lief eigentlich
>
> > This is my system: Linux-kernel-2.2.14 and debian-2.2 (potato-frozen),
> > leafnode-1.9.9-4 and slrn-0.9.6.2-7. Up until a few days ago everything
>
> > >17:05:58root@penti600:/home/hannes# fetchnews -vvvv
>
> <snip log showing Leafnode finding no new articles in the group>
>
> Coincidentally, I just closed a bug report showing the same symptoms
> against an earlier version than this of the Debian Leafnode package
> yesterday.

In the case of Hannes, it appears that the symptoms were caused by
NNTPcache which is the server from which leafnode pulls its news.
When requesting message-ids with XHDR, NNTPcache missed a lot (most?)
of the articles that it claimed to have according to the GROUP command.
Consequently, fetchnews did not pull many articles from the upstream
server.

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx */