Re: [leafnode-list] listening IP/Port

Sven Rassmann <srassmann@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Matthias Andree wrote:

> > 4. tcpserver (http://cr.yp.to/ucspi-tcp.html)

> That's all really great, but i want to specify the listening ip. Because
> of that leafnote seems not suitable for me.

leafnode knows nothing about its own IPs in respects of network
listening sockets. Use tcpserver, you can tell that the IP (or "0" for
"listen on all interfaces") and the port.

Figure the IDs of your news user:

$ id news
uid=9(news) gid=13(news) groups=13(news)

Then, use those uid and gid numbers on the command line:

tcpserver -u 9 -g 13 192.168.0.1 119  /usr/local/sbin/leafnode
            uid  gid IP          port program

should pretty much be it.

> And I don't like running inetd just for running leafnode.

Use tcpserver (URL quoted above), you can also tell it the IP to listen
to (or "0" for "listen on all interfaces").

Be more specific as to your problems if you expect more specific help.