Re: [leafnode-list] lockfiles revisited

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 04:43:20PM +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
> > I think we have a misunderstanding here. I want to get rid of the
> > lockfile. No call to unlink() at all.
>
> Might be appreciated. How about consistency of overviews?

Overviews are not locked. It is probably silently assumed that if
two processes mess an .overview file up, the next call to
getxover() will repair it. Maybe one should consider writing an
fcntl() wrapper that takes abritrary filenames as arguments and
locks or releases these files. Once my exams are over...

Regards,
        Jo:rg

--
Fortune cookie of the day:
SHHHH!!  I hear SIX TATTOOED TRUCK-DRIVERS tossing ENGINE BLOCKS into