Re: [leafnode-list] "ma" versus non-"ma"? (was: Requesting version 2.0 status summary.)

Joerg Dietrich schrieb am Donnerstag, den 22. Februar 2001:

> I can, of course, not speak for Matthias, but my percepetion of
> the ma branch always has been similar to the ac patches to the
> linux kernel. Some of Matthias' changes go into the official
> (i.e. Cornelius') leafnode, some of them don't. If Cornelius
> releases a new version Matthias ports his uncomitted changes to
> the new release.

Your perception describes quite well my intentions.

> functionality as the official branch. IIRC Matthias has never
> added a new user side feature but only new APIs (clean style
> being more his intention than "feature creep").

Well, for the late 1.9 series, I implemented XOVER support for
leafnode's client side, fetchnews, besides that, my fixes aim not
primarily at style, but robustness and maintainability, and throwing
duplicated (copy & paste style) code out - an example for that is my
ln_log interface.