Re: [leafnode-list] "ma" versus non-"ma"? (was: Requesting version 2.0 status summary.)

Matthias Andree <ma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Lloyd Zusman schrieb am Donnerstag, den 22. Februar 2001:
> > What is the reason that you and Cornelius are not cooperating on a
> > single version?
>
> We simply haven't get around to do so.
..
> The parts of my tree that Cornelius finds useful (after he has had
> time to evaluate them!) usually go in, even if it takes some work to
> convince him.

Matthias can be, um, strong-willed about what ought to be done, so
some divergence is likely to continue.

> > > (if your mail has no more lines after this part, but is followed by a
> > > broken mail, your MTA or mailer are broken)
> >
> > ??? Is there some particular reason why you put this parenthetical
> > statement in your reply to me?
>
> It's a public list, and some mailers may not properly escape or
> recognize the "From " at the beginning of a line and cut the mail
> off.

That is, it is not directed at Herr Zusman but at the list in general
-- since it was in fact not a "reply to [him]" directly but to the
list.

--
Tim McDaniel is tmcd@xxxxxxxx; if that fail,
    tmcd@xxxxxxxxxx is my work account.