[leafnode-list] Post's don't show up!

I have setup leafnode on redhat 7 and it's accepting connections.  I am
using it as a local group server only, for local tech's.  No incoming or
outgoing feeds.  I have created a test group called techs.test and from
another machine I can connect to the server.  View the list of groups and
subscribe to them.  But when I go to post a test message.  It never shows up
on the server.  The user news owns all the directories in the
/var/spool/news directory.  I am using xinetd and the addition to xinetd
looks as such:
service nntp
{
        socket_type     = stream
        wait            = no
        user            = news
        protocol     = tcp
        server          = /usr/local/sbin/leafnode
}

the config file which resides in /etc/leafnode looks as such
server = localhost
expire = 999

I am still a newbie to linux, only been playin with it for about 9 months.
>From my standpoint everything looks in order.  Could someone give me some
suggestions or point out what I am doing wrong.  Thanks,

h3rb