Re: [leafnode-list] call for help: Managing leafnode's future - priorized TODO

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 12:24:58AM +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
> What bug tracking systems are good and which allow to priorize work,
> possibly with incident tracking/tickets? Of course, it must be freely
> available and should not have a track of security incidents itself (like
> Mailman or stuff). Don't tell me anything about jitterbug, that one's
> intransparent, inconvenient crap. Waste of time, a mail alias does a
> better job than this one.

gnats/gnatsweb: They are under development again, have a long
tradition, feature rich database. the new version (4.something ALPHA)
is quite flexible.

Reports can be filed via mail and web.

see http://sourceware.cygnus.com (IIRC)

> 1.1 wenn connection nicht erfolgreich ist, haengt der rechner (?)

Translation: if the connection is not successful, the computer hangs.(?)
>     ACTION: check if report still current

>     Idea #1: Is there a good tool for generating code from state
>     machines automatically?

My rather naiive proposition would be some struct with function
pointers and a transition table?

Surely this also heavily depends on what you intend to do with this
state machine.

> 3.3 how to make newsgroup names 8-bit compliant? E.g., how to produce
>   a newsgroups line of the form
> 	Newsgroups: norge.østfold
>   Some readers encode this as ISO-8859-1 but this apparently is not
>   understood upstream. It is also against the RFCs. son-of-rfc1036
>   says that all data must be transmitted with ASCII < 127.
>   draft-ietf-nntpext-base-07.txt says that the character set for all
>   NNTP commands is UTF-8 (unicode!). Another possible draft is
>   draft-ietf-usefor-article-01.txt (chapter 5.5.) which is not very
>   helpful either.

As a matter of personal preference i'd vote for UTF-8, but on a more
technical note (without having read the papers) i'd rather try to
 i) figure out what other nntp implementations do
 ii) contact the ietf task force and file some interp-request

HTH, David
--
hallo du hobby nuttttn will f[...]ckn aber nit zahlen an 4rer ziegl
	-- "Mario Dimitrov" <mario.dimitrov@xxxxxxxxx> in at.anzeigen.kontakte