Re: [leafnode-list] error: NNTP server went away

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001 23:33:20 +0100
Harald Legner wrote about Re: [leafnode-list] error: NNTP server went away:
[...]
> Cite from http://news.cis.dfn.de:
>
> The server machine is down because of a defect hardware board. The
> replacement part will be delivered and installed at 20th of March.
> We expect the service to be up and running as usual afterwards.
>
> I think, that's your (our) problem.

Yeah, you're right. I've been a little bit stupid 'cause I pinged
news.sic.dfn.de and is has been OK. Now I see that I've pingend the
www-server:(. To check the news-server I really had had to make a telnet
news.cis.dfn.de nntp;)

I wonder that that's happening. IIRC that's first time that news.cis.dfn.de is
down for several hours for one and a half year.

BTW, non-German user maybe don't know that lots of Germans use this service
financed
by the university of Berlin.

Regards, Martin

BTW: I'm in this ml only for some days, so I don't really know what's the
development-level of leafnode 2 'cause I'm really fed up with leafnode's speed
at the moment:(
--
"Menschen mit einer neuen Idee gelten solange als Spinner,
bis sich die Sache durchgesetzt hat", sagte mal Mark Twain