Re: [leafnode-list] error while compiling leafnode 1.9.18ma4

Martin Bretschneider schrieb am Mittwoch, den 21. März 2001:

> Hi folks,
>
> because of Matthias' advice I'm going to install leafnode 1.9.18ma4. But when
> compiling I get this error:

> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `-lpcre', needed by `fetchnews'.  Stop.
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ich/leafnode-1.9.18ma4'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ich/leafnode-1.9.18ma4'
> make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
>
> At the moment I have 1.9.14, do I have to mind anything?

First of all: does your system have a libpcre.a or libpcre.so (try
locate). If so, reconfigure like this, assuming libpcre.a is in
/usr/local/lib:

env LDCONFIG=-L/usr/local/lib sh configure

If your system has a pcre.h but no corresponsing libpcre.*, then your
system is hosed. move pcre.h out of the way, remove config.cache,
reconfigure and retry building.

If all that fails:

./configure exploded, it somehow managed to use -lpcre as a target in
Makefile, but I don't currently see how that may have happened. I
believe this is a bug in configure.in which I'd have to fix.

Could you put up the config.log on a site where I can download it or
send it to me in private mail? gzip, zip and bzip2 are fine, MIME is
appreciated.

Sorry, I don't have a band-aid right away.