Re: [leafnode-list] call for help: Managing leafnode's future - priorized TODO

> 3.4 postarticles is a horrible mess. It deletes the articles IMMEDIATELY
>     if it's available on a server.

Put this higher. At least 2.3.

> 4.4 can fetchnews cope with servers that reject XOVER? (Matthias)

No, but with all current implementation and esp. since the
release of RFC 2980 this is a non-issue.

> 4.4 nntpd Control-Nachrichten und Artikel in moderierte Newsgroups
>     werden auch angezeigt. (Letzteres ist u.U. gar nicht so tragisch,
>     denn es verhindert, dass Newbies ihre "moderierten" Postings
>     wiederholt abschicken.)

This should be 1.1 (at least the moderated part). It violates
RFCs and might lead to confusion if a posting is not approved by
the moderator and another local user follows up to it. If I had
time I would fix this immediately (will not happen before May).

2.1 Posts to moderated groups are sent via all upstream servers
leading to moderators receiving several incarnations of the same
article.

Regards,
        Jo:rg

--
Fortune cookie of the day:
We are Microsoft.  Unix is irrelevant.  Openness is futile.  Prepare