Re: [leafnode-list] BUG leafnode-1.9.18ma4: wrong config dir

Am Sonntag, 25. März 2001 23:24 hast du geschrieben:
> Uwe Koloska <uwe.koloska@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > to get leafnode at full speed ;-) I downloaded the ma4 version and
> > tried to install.  No problems beside that the config dir is /usr/etc/
> >
> > Yes, I used "--sysconfdir=/etc/leafnode" and tested with
> > "--with-confdir" but the path in "config.c" is always set to
> > "/usr/etc".  Maybe it's because the other option to ./configure is
> > "--prefix=/usr"?  On the other hand I haven't found any code in
> > ./configure that writes config.c ...
>
> This is strange, I just unpacked leafnode-1.9.18ma4, ran configure like
> this:
>
>         ./configure --sysconfdir=/etc/leafnode --prefix=/usr
>
> then ran
>
>         make config.c
>
> [...]
>
> config.c is generated by the Makefile as soon as some other module
> requests config.o, or on demand as shown above.

This last hint has made me experimenting again and I found the source of
trouble: config.c isn't deleted by "make distclean"

The first time I only used prefix because for the original leafnode-1.9.18
the config dir is hardcoded.  Then when I find this new feature, I run
"make distclean" and thought that this leaves the source in the same state
as just after unpacking ...

I hope this is enough information ;-)
Uwe

--