Re: [leafnode-list] Problems serving news to Netscape on windows98

dizzy73 <dizzy73@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>     Ive been having trouble serving news to  win98 machines runnig
> Netscape 4.7 as a news reader
>
> The news shows up and can be read, but marking messages "read" in NS
> dosnt remove them from showing up and switching from one group to
> another locks up NS so I have to ctrl alt delete to close netscape (this
> is a problem...)

Can you try if this happens with Linux Netscape as well? If so, can you
try with your favourite non-browser-newsreader such as tin, slrn, emacs
+ gnus, knews (this predates KDE and uses Athena AFAIR) and see if that
helps?

Note Netscape 4.77 has been released, but I'm not sure if there have
been news related changes.

Note also that reading/posting with Netscape while fetchnews or texpire
are running may lock leafnode until fetchnews/texpire are done.