Re: [leafnode-list] Re: Welcome to

Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman <bsd@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Matthias Andree wrote:
> >
> > Isn't the r for receive? If so, rnews_leafnode or rnews-ln might be
> > suggestions worthwhile considering.

> But, the manpage says - it sorts news articles into your Leafnode's
> news spool ... news batches downloaded by other means.

That's leafnode's man page.
$ whatis rnews | sort -u
rnews (1)            - receive news from a UUCP connection
rnews (8)            - sort batch files into spool

The first is from INN, the second from leafnode

> Thanks for the example, I shall try to stick to that onwards. BTW what
> is this ISO 8601 format?

It's one of the possible ISO 8601 incarnations.

See http://www.iso.ch/markete/8601.pdf for the full specification (it's
available for free), see http://www.iso.ch/markete/examples.htm for
examples. See http://www.uic.edu/year2000/datefmt.html for some
comments.