Re: [leafnode-list] Re: rnews

Cornelius Krasel wrote:

> [rnews]
>
> I am completely unfamiliar with UUCP but it appears to me that, on
> an INN-based system, you usually "download" batched news with uucp
> and feed them into the spool with rnews. That's exactly what the
> rnews in leafnode-2.0b is supposed to do. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)
Our rnews is not a replacement for the one which comes with INN, for
the
time being I renamed my copy to avoid confusion, on account of the
fact
I need both. The one related to INN is installed in /usr/bin, whereas
the Leafnode's is in /usr/local/bin; now if I try

[...]$which rnews

I get

[...]$*/usr/bin/rnews*

and this is what according to path, the system will invoke, so every
time
I or anyone else will have to run our rnews, one will have to override
this
by giving an absolute path on the command line itself. Though, it is
not requires to run that frequently, but could be confusing for
beginners.

Never mind, I am happy with the name _rnews_ even!

> BTW, I will be giving a talk about leafnode next Tuesday in Berlin on
> the annual DECUS (German Compaq user group) meeting. Suffice to say
> that I am quite worried about this :-) (The transparencies of the talk
> will be available from www.leafnode.org, but I'll announce that separately.)
Why worry? I was just 14, and in the 9th standard, when I gave an
opening
address for state level science exhibition, to an odd gathering of
around
400 teachers and some 40,000 students; and that too without any
special
preparation and, or rehearsal.

It wish, shall it be a definite success.

Regards,

--
Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman <bsd@xxxxxxxxxx>
SysAdmin and Educationalist

"Linux is much, much better; not the best as yet!
Do you too work on making a difference?"