Re: [leafnode-list] Newsclient doesn't get any news from leafnode

Sebastian Stein wrote:

> I used KNodes as my newsreader. But then, something must
> have changed, maybe I restarted my system (Suse 7.0, Kernel 2.2.16).
> Now fetchnews receives articles and I can log into leafnode with
> telnet. No problem. The newsclient (I also tried pine) doesn't
> display any error message, but it doesn't display
> the new fetched messages (no body, no header). The number
> of articles avaible in the NG isn't updated as well.

> But I can find all the fetched articles on my harddisk
> under /usr/spool/news.
> I don't understand this.

I have seen a similar behavior when I played with an old knode
version quite some time ago. The articles did show up in tin
but they didn't with knode until running texpire. Have not
checked with pine, though.

I think this is more a problem with knode rather than leafnode.

Best regards - Juergen.

http://www.gmx.net