Re: [leafnode-list] Newsclient doesn't get any news from leafnode

o.rousseaux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

[articles do not pop up in the newsreader]

> Sorry no. As I already stated this *is* a leafnode problem working with some
> news readers (slrn for example).
>
> The fetchnews process in some circumstances corrupts the groupinfo file.
> In fetchnews.c, you have to *suppress* those two lines:
> 	    g->first = 1;
> 	    g->last = 1;

I agree that this is a bug. But it does not fit the description because
it strikes only if a group is automatically marked uninteresting and
then again marked interesting. Otherwise, there will be no problem.

In this case, running texpire also will only help if there are some
articles of this uninteresting group left in the spool. Otherwise,
texpire will not change the groupinfo file.

(Hmmm. Should we release leafnode-1.9.19?)

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx */