Re: [leafnode-list] Newsclient doesn't get any news from leafnode

Sebastian Stein wrote:

> Am Freitag, 20. April 2001 07:50 schrieben Sie:
> > Sorry no. As I already stated this *is* a leafnode problem working with
> > some news readers (slrn for example).
> >
> > The fetchnews process in some circumstances corrupts the groupinfo file.
> > In fetchnews.c, you have to *suppress* those two lines:
> >           g->first = 1;
> >           g->last = 1;
> >
> > Running texpire will of course repair the altered groupinfo file :>
> > (but the newsreader's .newsrc file is already corrupted with slrn at last)
>
> Yes, this seems to be true, because I tried other clients with the same
> problem. Now I've to run texpire after each fetch. This isn't a problem, but
> I think this isn't the way it should work.
>
> Steinchen

A workaround is to launch fetchnews with the -n flag.
(Don't automatically unlink files in the interesting.groups directory)

Then, if you don't want to fetch some groups, simply delete they entries in
the "interesting.groups" directory (as root user of course).

Greetings