Re: [leafnode-list] Back from Berlin (talk at DECUS)

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Cornelius Krasel wrote:
> Since I had told you about the talk that I had to give in Berlin, I
> should probably also relate how it went.
>
> The interest was very moderate. There were maybe 20 to 30 people.
> I was a little slow and therefore had to skip a transparency. I
> still had to hurry a bit at the end to stay on time. No questions
> were asked :-(
>
> I am not sure what really was expected from me.

Perhaps you should have asked.

> I think some people
> were a bit bored and had expected more technical detail;

I think this is hard to guage. Some people want lots of detail, others
less. I prefer to know the "big picture": for a start, what executables,
Unix processes, files, TCP ports a software system uses. Then perhaps more
detail.

> others seemed
> to be quite interested. I think that only some people in the audience
> had actually *used* the program before (the chairman was one of them :-).

Perhaps you should have got a show of hands from the audience. You could
also have asked, how many use Leafnode in a sinlge-computer system, and
how many in a multiple-computer setup (e.g. as a newsserver for a small
office).

Also ask what other local newsservers people use, and what they
like/dislike about them.

--
***** Phil Hunt *****
"An unforseen issue has arisen with your computer. Don't worry your silly