Re: [leafnode-list] Leafnode 2.0b8: XPAT causes segfault

Stefan Wiens <s.wi@xxxxxxx> writes:

> fgetheader() doesn't strip linebreaks, messing up XHDR/XPAT output.

There are two additional details concerning the getheader() functions:

When an article contains multiple headers with identical names,
mgetheader() will return the first one. fgetheader() will instead
return the last one, leaking all others.
Which one should be preferred? My upstreams prefer the first one.
Have a look at
XHDR x-duplicate <9hd29n$daqpp$3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
(In de.test. Duplicate essential headers were rejected.)

getheader() changes the file's atime. This might be undesirable
because it can take place after an XHDR or XPAT query.
(I'm currently unable to work with atimes here: one spooldir is
mounted noatime, the other one I updated unintenionally with a
careless search.)

Stefan