Re: [leafnode-list] Problem with texpire

Stefan Wiens wrote:

> krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Cornelius Krasel) writes:
> > I have put his version on my ftp server at
> > ftp://wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de/pub/texpire-sw.c
>
> Thanks for making that beast available. :-)
> The online version is an MS-D0G text file; how did those ugly
> '^M's get into it?

I don't have any ^M's in the local copy. If you downloaded the file
as ASCII on a Windows machine, you'll get those.

> Thanks also for fixing the sprintf() stuff. I was concerned about
> portability of using PATH_MAX for allocating a fixed-size buffer, and
> left these incomplete. Is PATH_MAX guaranteed to be reasonably small
> on all target systems?

IIRC, POSIX says that PATH_MAX must be at least 255 chars large. On
Linux, I have been told that PATH_MAX is 4096 chars in size. I don't
know whether that fits your definition of "reasonably small" :-)

> Thread gathering is incomplete with 2.0b8 xoverutil.c. It generates
> broken overview lines (spurious '\t' characters).

I have not yet run across one of these, but I have to confess I didn't
look very hard.

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx */