Re: [leafnode-list] Problem with texpire

Stefan Wiens <s.wi@xxxxxxx> writes:

> Thanks also for fixing the sprintf() stuff. I was concerned about
> portability of using PATH_MAX for allocating a fixed-size buffer, and
> left these incomplete. Is PATH_MAX guaranteed to be reasonably small
> on all target systems?

AFAIK, only the minimum value is specified in the SuS. My Linux machine
uses the page size as PATH_MAX, 4096 Bytes, that's not necessarily
"small".

> Don't try to re-generate all your .overview files with 2.0b8
> xoverutil.c (memory leak); texpire will eat all your memory. :-(

Should we introduce a garbage collector rather than tracking down all
possible leaks? (Well, leak detection would then come for free ;)

If so, I'd suggest http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc/ as a
start, but that's not a recommendation yet, because that GC would
adversely affect portability.

The license should be inoffensive, to be found at
http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/boehm-gc/doc/README?rev=1.1.1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup