[leafnode-list] no answer at localhost:119

Dear Leafnode-Users,

I installed leafnode successfully on a SuSE 7.1 System; Netscape is able
to use localhost as NewsServer. fetchnews also works correctly. But tin
complains that there are no groups available, telnet localhost:119 results
returns a hostname lookup failure and tells me that name or service is not
known. And, my real problem, I don't manage to get information about the
available newsgroups with a PHP-Script containing

$nntp = imap_open("{localhost:119}de.comp.lang.c","","");

Any idea about what is wrong or not yet configured ?

Thank you and best regards

Mathias