Re: [leafnode-list] fetchnews 2.0b8 stores article in wrong group

Matthias Andree <ma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Stefan Wiens <s.wi@xxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> supersede() should store the current working directory on entry and
>> restore it on exit.
>
> No. leafnode should not change the current working directory at all and
> it should not rely on it, but rather use absolute paths, because we
> don't have proper specifications which function should have which cwd.

I agree.

In any case, I think failure to create a group directory should not be
considered a fatal error. Then I could prevent creation of unwanted
groups or hierarchies simply by setting appropriate access
permissions. OTOH, this would open the possibility of fetched articles
not to get stored in any group.

Some noteworthy details I found while locating the bug:

- In artutil.c:158 and 318, "(isinteresting(foo) || create_all_links)"
  should be changed to "(create_all_links || isinteresting(foo))".
  I have create_all_groups set, and this would avoid useless file I/O.

- In fetchnews.c:getarticle(), the "Supersedes:" header can be
  retrieved using mgetheader(), which is less expensive than
  getheader().

- mgetheader() cannot handle multi-line headers (currently unlikely
  to cause problems).

Stefan