[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[leafnode-list] NEW leafnode 1.9.19 locking fixes available
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I finally managed to make a test install of the "fixed" leafnode 1.9.19
and killed some remaining bugs I could not test before.
Find the new patch at:
it's called fix-1.9.19-locking.patch, has a modification date of
2001-06-17 00:50 (CEST, as shown by the apache running that site) and
has an md5sum of
Whereas the old patch has an md5sum of
Don't use the old patch, grab the new one.
The ChangeLog is part of the patch, extract below signature.
Please test thoroughly. I believe it's integrating okay now, but testers
don't quote anything below this line.
2001-06-17 Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
* generic: have callers of lockfile_exists() report to stdout if
* lockfile.c: when a stale lock file existed, it would be removed,
but locking would still fail. Fixed. locking is now retried when
stale file had been removed.
* fetchnews.c: move whoami() in front of the lockfile_exists() call
addendum: move updateactive/writeactive/unlink(lockfile) from
child to parent process, since with the new lockfile.c, lockfiles
are no longer shared between processes.
* texpire.c (main): insert whoami(), needed for lockfile recovery
* applyfilter.c (main): insert whoami(), needed for lockfile recovery
2001-06-16 Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
* lockfile.c (safe_mkstemp): umask safe mkstemp
(lockfile_exists): reimplemented from scratch.
* miscutil.c: remove lockfile_exists, now available as separate
file. It was broken beyond repair.
2001-06-07 Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
* activutil.c: remove snprintf which did not check its error code
and replace by a safe collection of fputs/fprintf.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Comment: Processed by Mailcrypt 3.5.5, an Emacs/PGP interface
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- mailing list for leafnode
To unsubscribe, send mail with "unsubscribe" in the subject to the list