[leafnode-list] Re: sendfile

krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Cornelius Krasel)wrote:

> I don't know anything about sendfile, but my manpage says:
>
>        sendfile is a new feature in Linux 2.2.
>
>        Other  Unixes  often  implement  sendfile  with  different
>        semantics  and  prototypes.  It  should  not  be  used  in
>        portable programs.

Simplicity and security considerations may be other
issues. I doubt that everybody would be pleased to
have to pay attention to an additional deamon possibly
running with root privileges, open an additional port, etc.

Just my two cents.

Best regards - Juergen.

--
Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a

http://www.gmx.net