Re: [leafnode-list] connection refused

Mathias Ruppel wrote:

[can't connect to leafnode news server]

> B. inetd -d resulted in
>    ADD: nntp proto=tcp, wait.max=0.256 user:group=news.wheel builtin=0 server=/usr/bin/tcpd

This "user:group=news.wheel" looks odd. OTOH, the same command here yields:

ADD : nntp proto=tcp, wait.max=0.40, user.group=news.(null) builtin=0 server=/usr/sbin/tcpd

which doesn't look very good either. If this is indeed the problem,
putting

nntp    stream  tcp     nowait  news.news   /usr/sbin/tcpd /path/to/leafnode

should fix the problem.

> C. telnet localhost 119 resulted in
>    Trying ::1...
>    telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused

This is strange (IMO).

>    Trying 127.0.0.1...
>    Connected to localhost.
>    Escape character is '^]'.
>    Connection closed by foreign host.
>
> I know, that's wrong. I didn't find any corresponding entry in
> /var/log/messages (/var/log/syslog is not available)

Is the output from leafnode logged somewhere? (How does the /etc/syslog.conf
look like?)

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx */