Re: [leafnode-list] Re: Permissions

krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Cornelius Krasel) writes:

> I don't know anything about sendfile, but my manpage says:

sendfile requests that the kernel sends out a file to a file descriptor
or copies a file from one descriptor to another, depending on the
OS. The major plus is that this reduces copying which may help slow
machines.

I know that at least Linux 2.2/2.4 and FreeBSD 4 support sendfile and
I presume these two are most common for leafnode.

> > #2 When leafnode gets local groups that are restricted by user id (not
> >    currently implemented), protecting the spool from the public may
> >    become a necessity.
>
> True. I did not think of that.

Plus, we can do to the spool format whatever we want. Cowardly switch to
mysql or postgresql or something (-: <ducks and runs for cover>