Re: [leafnode-list] need help with cygwin port

Cornelius Krasel schrieb am 2001-05-07, 12:06:

> "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit.haase@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> [Cygwin port of Leafnode]
>
> > Everytime nntpd (leafnode) is invoked, the directories are created new
> > and the permission changes, so that leafnode couldn't write to its own
> > dirs, if invoked as root or as news, no difference.
>
> Very strange. You should have a look into initvars().

Yep, found it. Since setgig, setuid is handled different for cygwin,
the programs are not able to set their identity correct.
This to solve, i need some time to learn the cygwin api.

> > One point is not clear to me, the hardlink issue.
>
> Hardlinks are essential for a working texpire. I cannot imagine how to
> get texpire to work without hardlinks (but maybe that's just me :-).

No, it will not work without hardlinks.

So it is not recommended to run the leafnode port on Win98/ME.

gph

--
=^..^=