Re: [leafnode-list] need help for a chroot jail

joerg.bogenrieder@xxxxxxxxx schrieb am Mittwoch, den 09. Mai 2001:

> i try to but leafnode in a chroot jail, but it faild and i don't know why.
> my first steps was to make the chroot tree, then i wrote a littel
> shellscript which i start from ftpd- wrapper in inetd.
> now if i try to conect to the leafnode with a cleient i get many entrys in
> my syslog:
>
> --- Snip ----
> May  9 16:33:09 acad11 chroot_leaf[11711]: warning: can't get client
> address: Der Socket ist nicht verbunden
> May  9 16:33:09 acad11 chroot_leaf[11711]: connect from unknown (unknown)
> May  9 16:33:09 acad11 inetd[11512]: /usr/sbin/tcpd: exit status 0x1

I'm not sure what you set up and how, but you may need several libraries
and device nodes in the chroot jail. Try running the chroot script from
tcpd, not the other way round. Finally, you'll definitely need a copy of
/etc/leafnode in the chroot jail.

In the long run, get rid of inetd and get a real super-server. inetd is
unreliable.