[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode port to cygwin
"Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit.haase@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> O.k., i got a new patch. I fiddled also a little bit at the Makefile.in
> to get a nice install on Cygwin, don't forget to set a prefix!
> I like more prefix=/usr as /usr/local, don't ask why.
Some comments on the patch. It'd be better designed in a way that it can
be merged with mainstream leafnode later on, but some of your changes
1. use an EXESUFFIX macro instead of pouring .exe suffices with a
cornucopia, you could write EXESUFFIX= for unix and EXESUFFIX=.exe
for CygWin (possibly automatically from autoconf)
2. Don't use numeric attributes to install -o or -g. If you want the
user and groups configurable at make install time, use Makefile
variables with defaults.
3. That you're changing the spooldir to mode 777 is strange to me and
indicates there's a problem with user ids in a different part of your
port. Don't do that. Don't remove the setgid flag on the directory
3. above also applies to programs. 777 is strange, should be 775. Did
you create proper passwd and group files? I can hardly image that
CygWin requires every directory to be world writable. You wouldn't
want that on shares.
4. I'm not sure what variable CygWin sets, use #ifdef and that variable
rather than adjusting things hard.
5. You may want to avoid blanks in file names, but rather use the
underscore character (_).
leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- mailing list for leafnode
To unsubscribe, send mail with "unsubscribe" in the subject to the list