Re: [leafnode-list] 1.9.19 status

Alessio Bragadini wrote:

> I am still experiencing a bug which I don't if it's already been
> reported.
>
> If I post a message in a moderated newsgroup and the message is being
> held by the moderator (either a person or a robot as it's common under
> the it.* hierarchy), the next fetchnews will try to submit the message
> again. I noticed that because robo-moderated groups send you a receipt
> with information in such a case.
>
> It would be good to have leafnode to know that a post, albeit not
> present in the spool, has already been submitted.
>
> I am using 1.9.18 on Compaq Tru64 (aka Digital Unix)

Hello,

In fact, your post was submitted only once.

You receive multiple receipt because you have more than one upstream server
with posting allowed in your config file and fetchnews try to post articles
on all servers...

But articles to moderated newsgroups should be posted only once (or mailed)
and this case is not tested by the software...

To avoid this, I suggest you to post all your articles *only* to your first
upstream server (assuming all groups concerning your posts are carried by
this one).

You can process like this:
fetchnews -P -l [-..]   <== will only post (if any) and only on the first
server
then again:
fetchnews [-..]         <== will actually fetch new articles

I don't understand why (at last by default) fetchnews try to post articles
to more than one upstream server...
This is a mystery for me :-)

HTH.