Re: [leafnode-list] 1.9.19 status

otr <o.rousseaux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Three suggestions bellow:
>
> - To be able to suspend the fetch for some groups while being able to read
> those groups.
> This suggestion is performed by a path I already submitted (24 May 2000)
> (fully tested)

I don't recall your patch, did you send it to Cornelius or to the list?

> - Suppress the use of longjmp() on signal delivery for reliability and
> maintainability grounds (and bugfixes like potentially part-downloaded
> articles).

To do that, one would better encapsulate the entire I/O stuff in an own
submodule that handles timeout (select or poll-based maybe) and
buffering.

> - To be able to interrupt a group download (and go to the next).

Is that necessary or useful? Personally, I've never felt the need to,
but that does not necessarily mean anything.