Re: [leafnode-list] selective delaybody?

Juergen Salk <juergen.salk@xxxxxx> writes:

> * Joerg Dietrich <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [011027 18:06]:
>
> > > Is it possible to apply delaybody=1 to a set of groups?
> >
> > No. But you're of course welcome to write such a patch.
>
> Is there a CVS repository available? 2.0b8 has been released

Sort of. I keep my version on my private machine which is connected for
some hours per day, with just 128 kBit/s uplink however. If there is
sufficient interest, I might upload that archive to berlios
(sourceforge-like stuff) or to a machine at University which has
permanent (euhm, sort of -- Dortmund University has had less than 90%
availability due to Deutsche Telekom AG failures this months)
connection.

> The problem is, that nobody knows the current status. Or have
> I missed something?

Oh, my TODO list is online ;-)

> I don't think people are too keen to spend their time writing
> patches for 2.0b8, just to find out that it has already been done
> by others long ago.

Of course not.

Here are points to try:

a) the released versions of my spinoff: (permanent connection)
   http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/beta/

b) viewcvs to browse: (available during German daytime and evenings)
http://m2a2.myip.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/leafnode/?only_with_tag=Propermerge

(https access is also available to either machine, but neither
certificate is officially signed, so that doesn't buy you anything
unless we negotiate fingerprints, it's pointless for anonyomus public
data anyhow)

Note that I may at any time install mod_gzip or discontinue the service
shown in (b) if the load on my small link gets too high.

Because it was just for me to ease tracking and merging Cornelius'
changes, I haven't taken the time to merge the Propermerge branch back
to the HEAD as would be appropriate for a "good" CVS repository.

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."         Benjamin Franklin