Re: [leafnode-list] Local groups.

Arne Hanssen <nite@xxxxxxx> writes:

> I've downloaded leafnode 2.08beta (fresh install, no nntpd running
> before).  I wanted to setup for local news groups only, but had no
> success so far.  The INSTALL file says that local groups should be
> listen in the file 'local.groups', but 'local.groups' is created
> by 'make install' as a directory.
>
> What is correct, and how shall I create/describe local groups in
> a directory?

A _file_ is correct (not a directory). Note you'll need Jörg Dietrich's
patch, which I put up on http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/beta/
(get dietrich-2.0b8-fix-localpost.patch, apply, recompile and
reinstall).

Example:

$ cat /etc/leafnode/local.groups
local.linux-kernel Gated Linux Kernel Mailing List
local.test Testing leafnode local groups

> This news server is running RH 6.2 and is not connected to the
> internet, therefore I cannot get any "external" newsfeed, but
> it seems like I have to create a 'server = ' statement in the
> config file...

Will check.

"Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin