Re: [leafnode-list] Error with 2.0b8_ma7.5pre

Matthias Andree wrote:
> Raymond Scholz <rscholz@xxxxxx> writes:
> > [Sorry if you got this twice but I some m****rf****ng piece of
> >  software (probably Berolist) slaughtered the email header because it
> >  could not handle wrapped lines in the header.]
>
> Arrived once for me.
>
> > Matthias Andree <ma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > Oops, "LIST ACTIVE <group>" returns the complete active file, which
> > serves as an excellent DoS attack on Gnus (allocation lots of memory,
> > hanging NNTP process).
>
> It has always done that, it's not a 7.5-specific bug.

After looking at the source code, I would assume that plain 2.0b8 does
not do this. I am certain that my pre-2.0b9 (which still misses a lot
of Matthias' enhancements) does not do it:

~% telnet localhost nntp
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
200 Leafnode NNTP Daemon, version 2.0b9 running at wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de
list newsgroups alt.religion.scientology
215 Descriptions in form "group description".
alt.religion.scientology        L. Ron Hubbard's Church of Scientology.