Re: [leafnode-list] Error with 2.0b8_ma7.5pre

Raymond Scholz <rscholz@xxxxxx> writes:

> [Sorry if you got this twice but I some m****rf****ng piece of
>  software (probably Berolist) slaughtered the email header because it
>  could not handle wrapped lines in the header.]

Arrived once for me.

> Matthias Andree <ma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Oops, "LIST ACTIVE <group>" returns the complete active file, which
> serves as an excellent DoS attack on Gnus (allocation lots of memory,
> hanging NNTP process).

It has always done that, it's not a 7.5-specific bug.

It is certainly desirable to support the wildmat argument to LIST ACTIVE
as per RFC-2980. I will put that on my TODO list. Thanks for reporting
this.

"Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin