Re: [leafnode-list] retrieving threads

"Robert Marshall" <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Well as the problem isn't happening at the moment, I'll have to either
> hope that I can restart leafnode with debug when it next occurs
> without gnus sorting itself out, or set it to debug now and lie in wait
> - how verbose are the debug logs?

It depends. With appropriate debug option, every line that goes in or
out is logged, along with explanations, so it can quickly grow
huge. Debug mode is only suited for temporary use.

> I'm using an Oort version, though the OP
> (news:ap3bsjuf6q5.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) reported it with 5.8.8.
> Restarting gnus appears to get it back on track

Maybe leafnode had trouble with .overview, returned a problem and Gnus
assumed leafnode did not support XOVER -- from my sparse Lisp knowledge
and what I read of nntp.el, Gnus disables XOVER if XOVER and XOVERVIEW
both returned something other than 3... or 2...

Maybe leafnode also logged its troubles, look in your news log around
the time where you experienced the difficulties.

"Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin