Re: [leafnode-list] Unexpected behaviour of fetchnews -vvv

Alan Mackenzie <acm@xxxxxx> writes:

> Once I'd created the directory /var/spool/news/mucev by hand and chowned
> it to news, everything started working properly again.  So the whole
> problem was caused by my inappropriate directory structure.  However,
> maybe leafnode could recover more gracefully from such an error.

It should indeed. However, I don't feel like fixing 1.9 for problems
that don't occur to "innocent" users. I'd rather get 2.0b going, and my
TODO list is rather long still.

"Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin