Re: [leafnode-list] Re: leafnode 2.0b8_ma7.1pre available

Raymond Scholz <rscholz@xxxxxx> writes:

> Matthias Andree <ma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > I added Damian Ivereigh's libredblack which is LGPL'd as replacement for
> > my crappy bintrees implementation.
>
> You probably forgot to include redblack.h and the man pages, didn't
> you?

Yes, I indeed forgot to run distcheck to at least let this beast
compile. Please apologize. I've put up 7.2pre at
http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/beta/, still without
cancel/supersedes handling, but it's complete with redblack man pages
(not installed) and redblack.h.

Thanks a lot for reporting this.

However, libredblack is also available from
http://libredblack.sourceforge.net/

> > Leafnode has received some big changes to artutil, texpire, store,
> > queues and stuff, it does not currently handle Supersedes/Cancel,
> > although the hooks are there.
>
> "does not currently handle Supersedes/Cancel" - upstream, downstream
> or both?

"just passes these messages through without taking special action"
(i. e. does not delete the superseded or cancelled article). You can
still send cancel/supersedes messages upstream, so it's a local problem.

> > Most notably, some semantics have changed, and the old store functions
> > are entirely gone. See store.c comments for how the new scheme works. It
> > should cater for an rnews that can read from a pipe pretty soon, while
> > at the same time reading directly from the network and applying filters.
>
> This sounds way cool.
>
> Cheers, Ray
> --
> Raymond Scholz - rscholz@xxxxxxxx - PGP - http://www.zonix.de/

- --
Matthias Andree

"Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin