[leafnode-list] Getting leafnode working - xinetd?

Hello, leafnode users.

I am trying to get leafnode running with KNode on Red Hat 7.1. I had
installed the system from the rpm and got fetchnews to download the list of
newsgroups from my upstream server. Now I want to get KNode to talk to to
leafnode. I am using xinetd and have set the nntp configuration file as
folows:

#nntp server for local service

service nntp
{
	flags 		= REUSE
	socket_type 	= stream
	user		= news
	server		= /usr/local/sbin/leafnode
	wait		= no
	disable		= no
	only_from	= localhost
	log_on_failure	+= USERID
}

I am running xinetd with debug on. When KNode tries to contact leafnode,
xinetd reports that it sets up the connection, which closes immediately, as
follows:

01/9/26@19:47:57: DEBUG: {conn_add_alternative} Adding alternative service
logging to connection of service nntp
01/9/26@19:47:57: DEBUG: {child_exit} waitpid returned = 1767
01/9/26@19:47:57: DEBUG: {server_end} nntp server 1767 exited
01/9/26@19:47:57: DEBUG: {child_exit} waitpid returned = -1
01/9/26@19:47:57: DEBUG: {main_loop} active_services = 1

and KNode says that "The connection is broken".

Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong?

Thanks
	Alec Cawley